Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Heart Breaks

As we are getting closer to Lee's release I am finding it difficult to concentrate, to sleep, and to think of anything else.  I have so many feelings that are rolling through my heart right now fear, anger, and grief. 

Today, I got up and read on my facebook page that another senseless murder happened in the small town that I am from.  It was a young mom and her co-worker apparently stabbed her.  All I can think of is the pain that that family is going through right now and when I hear of such senseless tragedy it makes all my pain come back. 

Murder is a diferent way of losing someone you love.  It was not in the hands of God, someone else choose to kill your loved one.   It is not like a accident where their was nothing anyone could do to stop the chain of events that caused the death of your loved one.  It is not like a sickness where your body is taken over buy a disease.  Murders have a choice to not do what they are doing, they at any point can stop themselves. 

Maybe I do not understand a murders mind, I do not understand how you can hurt another human being.  I do not understand how they can not stop them self.  I really think that you have a choice to walk away, to get help and to just love people as they are. 

My prayers and thoughts will be very jumbled for the day, and I will be thinking of that family, feeling much of my own pain.  As I do everytime I hear of a senseless murder of someone so young.